Cadillac. Say the name and everybody in the world knows what you're talking about. Pedigree, heritage, bling, and now--clout. Cadillac is now at the top of its game, and its new CTS-V models routinely either tie or beat out BMW and other luxury brands in head-to-head. CTS Coupe Perhaps no other model ini Cadillac's lineup speaks to the brand's resurgence more eloquently than the CTS Coupe. Its design shouts loud and clear that Cadillac once more has regained its brash, often brilliant styling voice and that the brand is more than willing to do something daring and ground breaking.
The CTS Coupe, a four passenger car available in rear or all wheel drive, is striking for so many reasons. First, its angles and character lines are at once simple and complex. You never see quite the same sight, quite the same perspective when you see it. Light plays upon the surfaces in unusual, striking ways, making it just that much more fun to watch.
Power for the coupe comes from a 3.6 liter, direct injected 304 horepower V-6. Or if you get Cadilac's fantastic CTS-V coupe, you will hold the reins to a 556 horsepower, 6,2 liter V-8 that hits 60 in less than four seconds.
Two suspension-tuning levels are available: a Performance Package with 18-inch wheels and all-season tires (available in both RWD and AWD,) and the Summer Tire Performance Package, with 19-inch tires and wheels and a higher level of road holding capability. StabiliTrak, the advanced electronic chassis control system, is standard.
“Cadillac has always been an emotional brand – it’s about delivering art regardless of body style,” said Max Wolff, director of exterior design for Cadillac. “With the CTS Coupe, it was about taking something very strong – the CTS Sport Sedan – and extending its potential.”
You might think tht the coupe shares just abouit everything with the sedan. You'd be wrong. Only the console, instrument panel, front fenders and grille is are shared with the sedan. Here are some other aspects of the coupe which are unique to that model:
Classic hardtop styling, with no conventional B-pillar
Touch-pad operation for the doors removes the need for conventional door handles, creating a technical, clean profile
A windshield laid at a faster angle (62.3 degrees) and a long, nearly horizontal backglass area combine to create a dramatic profile
Sculpted lower front fascia with unique brake-cooling vents
Rear fascia with mesh lower grilles
Center-outlet exhaust with twin dihedral-shaped tips that pass through the rear fascia
Signature vertical lighting, highlighted with LED light pipes
Rear spoiler integrated into the signature center high-mounted stop lamp
Sculpted roof-mounted antenna for OnStar and XM Satellite Radio.
Inside, the coupe is every bit as dramatic as the sedan. The emphasis is on true, American flavored, contemporary design that shouts "Cadillac," not some ambiguous design theme that could be Japanese, European or something else.
The CTS Coupe’s interior emphasizes technical precision with elegant, hand-crafted details. The hand-assembled center console leads seamlessly into the center stack, providing a sportier “cockpit” feel for the driver and passenger without compromising space.
The interior includes hand-sewn accents covering the door, center storage console and instrument panel trim. Available heated and ventilated seats incorporate “thin-seat” technology for maximum occupant comfort and enhanced rear-seat leg, knee and foot room. Fourteen-way adjustable Recaro sport seats are optional, as is a heated wood steering wheel.
The Coupe also offers a host of customer driven technologies, including:
Rear-vision camera now standard on CTS-V Sport Sedan
Heated steering wheel available on CTS Sedan
New fender vent design on all models
New inside rearview mirror design
New 19-inch all-season tire and wheel available on CTS AWD and RWD models
New exterior colors: Carbon Flash Metallic and Evolution Green Metallic
Ninth-generation OnStar technology, which includes significant improvements to the system’s voice recognition software.
- Integrated iPod/MP3 capability
- 40-gig hard drive, including the ability to store music and pause-and-replay live radio
- Pop-up navigation system
- Adaptive forward lighting system
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Standard Keyless Access and Smart Remote Start
- Rear vision camera system
- Bose 5.1 Cabin Surround™ audio system.The CTS Coupe’s interior emphasizes technical precision with elegant, hand-crafted details. The hand-assembled center console leads seamlessly into the center stack, providing a sportier “cockpit” feel for the driver and passenger without compromising space. The interior includes hand-sewn accents covering the door, center storage console and instrument panel trim. Available heated and ventilated seats incorporate “thin-seat” technology for maximum occupant comfort and enhanced rear-seat leg, knee and foot room. Fourteen-way adjustable Recaro sport seats are optional, as is a heated wood steering wheel.The star of the coupe's show is undeniably the CTS-V model. A torrid performer, the CTS-V also is surprisingly quiet and comfortable when driving under normal conditions. The ride is terrific, it handles beautifully, andit is altogether a civilized piece of iron-until you hit the pedal. Then--just hold on! Some of the performance amenities on the CTS-V are Brembo brakes, paddle shifters on the automatic and magnetic ride control.
- Mileage ratings for the CTS Coupe and CTS-V Coupe are 12/18/18 to 27 miles per gallon. The Coupe is priced from $38,165 to $48,910. The CTS-V Coupe starts at $62,165.